DNA Flow Technology
DNA-FLOW Technology provides the platform for rapid analyses in membrane-based reverse dot blot hybridization processes. This hybridization platform allows the DNA target molecules cross the membrane and direct the target DNA to the complementary capture probes that are immobilized on and inside the matrix pores.
This approach enables the reaction between the target DNA molecules in a three-dimensional porous environment rather than surface hybridization, allowing the reactions to be completed in seconds. It generates much higher signal intensities in a very short period of time, reducing reagent volumes and total processing time from hours to minutes, which represents an economic alternative for molecular diagnostic.
The e-BRID system, based in DNA-Flow Tecnology, is intended to perform automatic reverse dot blot hybridization on nylon membranes (oligo CHIPs), image analysis and reports print out in less than 90 min.
MD has developed two in vitro diagnostic systems based on DNA-Flow Technology:
- HPVDirect Flow CHIP assay for detection and genotyping of 36 HPV genotypes by direct PCR (DNA purification not required) and automatic reverse dot blot hybridization.
- Tick-Borne Bacteria Flow CHIP multiplex PCR assay for simultaneous identification of zoonotic bacteria (Anaplasma, Bartonella, Coxiella, Erhlichia, Francisella and Rickettsia) causing emergent diseases.
The e-Brid DNA-Flow based automatic hybridization system, can offer an integrated system for laboratories with a rapid, accurate and high quality test to process simultaneously 15 clinical samples in less than 90 minutes.
The system application provides:
- Samples barcode identification
- Reagents dispensing
- Temperature and time control
- Image capture
- Automatic analysis software
- Reports print out
- LIS connection
For more information you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org